Free forum:Talk Football UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Mowbray update

Go down

Tony Mowbray update Empty Tony Mowbray update

Post  Phoenix Wed May 27, 2009 9:05 am

Tony Mowbray update

FOLLOWING widespread media speculation surrounding the vacant manager's position at Celtic, West Bromwich Albion have this afternoon issued the following statement:

"Tony Mowbray is under contract for the next two years and we fully expect him to be our manager next season.
"Further than that, the club feels there is no need to comment on speculation."

From West Borm website
Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 432
Favorite Team : West Brom
Registration date : 2008-06-15

https://talkfootballuk100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tony Mowbray update Empty Re: Tony Mowbray update

Post  Phoenix Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:09 am

It now seams that Celtic have agreed To pay West Bromwich Albion the two Million compensation that they will have to be paid if Mowbray leaves the club.

That is what it has took for West Brom to allow Tony to talk with then over the vacant manager's position at Celtic.

I for one think Tony should stay with us has his job with us is still unfinished, we the fans have total confidence in him to take our club on to bigger and better things.

But if he does decide to go then i wish him well,i just hope that the respect that the fans and the players at West Brom have for him play a big part in his diction and he does stay.

Now we are back in the Championship we need stability at the club and he is a key figure that we need to guide us back to the prem, a new manager will take time to settle in to the club and that could cost us more than the two Million that Celtic will pay for his signature.

Well all we can do now is wait to see what happens over the next few days.

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Well guys he has finally gone to Celtic and good luck to him.
I for one thought he might have stayed with us as his job was not finished.

Im a bit f**ked off with him after we all stood by him and what he was trying to do and take us further.

Now we will have to wait and see what our Chairman is going to do with the two million that he got in compensatation for Tony to go ?

But i feel that this money will disapear on some other project and he will most likely go for a cheap replacement.

It has been said that Darren Ferguson is one interested in the job "now that would be an ideal replacement" we all know that Posh play some very good football as we found out in the FA Cup game last season at the Hawthorns but only time will tell on that one.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content