Free forum:Talk Football UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shearer on Newcastle vacancy

Go down

Shearer on Newcastle vacancy Empty Shearer on Newcastle vacancy

Post  Phoenix Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:13 am

Alan Shearer appears to have ruled himself out of the vacant manager's job at Newcastle after describing the structure at the club as "strange".

"I'd like to be a manager at some point in my career," the former Newcastle player told BBC Sport's Football Focus.

"But I want to manage - and control who comes in and out of the club."
Kevin Keegan quit the job over his lack of control on transfers, while Everton boss David Moyes and Didier Deschamps are two names now being considered.

Newcastle, in turmoil since news broke on Tuesday that Keegan had left the club before it was officially confirmed on Thursday, are now looking for a sixth manager in four years.

Moyes and former Juventus coach Deschamps are among a list of names being considered by the club's owner Mike Ashley, BBC 5 Live

Newcastle United have issued an extraordinary statement in response to claims by Kevin Keegan that club interference provoked his resignation.

Keegan stepped down as manager on Thursday after stating he had no control over transfer dealings.

It looks like Shearer is unhappy with the chairman and staff at Newcastle to.

So with the current climate at the club Who will take this job on ?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 432
Favorite Team : West Brom
Registration date : 2008-06-15

https://talkfootballuk100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down