Free forum:Talk Football UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship here we come!!!

Go down

Championship here we come!!! Empty Championship here we come!!!

Post  Phoenix Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Yet again it looks like are doomed to the relegation from the Premiership.
Some of you will think that we are not down and out yet, but Stoke had not won away from home all season and not in the prem since 1985 and its was us on the receiving end.
This just about puts the nail in the coffin as far has im concerned and i don't blame the players or the manager we play top class football just not had the luck that others do.
I put the blame on our so called chairman again with what i see is a lack of interest in the club or our progress.
Look at January when he knew with the injuries we had that we needed new players,so what did he do NOTHING just told Mowbary that there was no money to spend and if he wanted new players he would have to get them in on loan.
Now that to me says that he is really not interested in the club.
That is why i think he put the club up for sale in the summer last year and the soon we get someone els in that really cares about the club the better we will be.
You can not survive in the prem anymore unless you have a chairman that is prepared to spend money and bring in the right type of players that the manager wants.
I know that he has spent a lot of money on the club in other areas like the training ground and the stadium its self but its the squad that needs to be adressed and the wage structure is a joke, how are we going to attract the top players if we are not going to pay the wage that they want.
I could go on and on about this at the moment but something has to be done we can not keep doing this yo yo crap all the time.
When we got promoted from the Champship last term i was full of hope and saw a team capable of doing the job.
Then came the Kevin Phillips and Zoltan Gera saga not agreeing to the wage that they were offered why did we let two key players leave this put me at an uneasy stance and the thought of doom started.
The preseason should have set the alarm bells ringing but we gave them the benefit of the doubt and looked forward to the new season.
Started well with a loss at Arsenal but we gave a good account of our self, little did we know that it was going to be the same for most of the season.
here we are again on the verge of relegation and im really sad that im writing this lets hope we can bounce but next season with a new chairman and a better team.

Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 432
Favorite Team : West Brom
Registration date : 2008-06-15

https://talkfootballuk100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum