Free forum:Talk Football UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronaldo staying put, say Man Utd

Go down

Ronaldo staying put, say Man Utd Empty Ronaldo staying put, say Man Utd

Post  Seraphim Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Ronaldo scored 42 goals for Man Utd last season

Manchester United have repeated their stance that Cristiano Ronaldo is "not for sale".

The Portugal winger has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid but a statement on United's website says: "We are not listening to offers."

Ronaldo, 23, says he will reveal his future in the next few days.

Speaking after Portugal's exit from Euro 2008, Ronaldo said: "In two or three days' time I will announce my future because my tournament is over."

Ronaldo added: "I will speak to United. I will try to reach an agreement and we will see."

Ronaldo failed to inspire Portugal on Thursday as they slumped to a 3-2 defeat to Germany in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008.

606: DEBATE
What is Ronaldo on? Real Madrid is a step forward from Manchester United? In what universe are they a step forward.
anaconda6901

The midfielder was in scintillating form throughout the domestic season and scored 42 goals as United claimed a Premier League and Champions League double.

When asked if he has made a decision regarding a move to Real Madrid, he replied: "No, not yet."

Manchester United have already reported Real Madrid to world governing body Fifa over their public courtship of Ronaldo, although the organisation decided to take no formal action.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo has revealed he will undergo surgery on a foot injury which has been bothering him for three months.

"I'm going to have an operation now," said the winger.

"I have had a small problem for about three months. I'll have the operation and then have a good recovery period."

Ronaldo's possible transfer fee has been put at between £50m and £80m - with the Premier League set for a busy summer if the Portuguese moves to the Bernabeu.
Seraphim
Seraphim
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 109
Interests : Being God's Servent!
Favorite Team : Heaven FC
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down