Free forum:Talk Football UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillips decides to join Blues

Go down

Phillips decides to join Blues Empty Phillips decides to join Blues

Post  Phoenix Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Phillips decides to join Blues

KEVIN Phillips has declined a new contract with Albion and has left to join Coca-Cola Championship outfit Blues.

The striker, who is 35 later this month, was offered a two-year contract by the Baggies, with the second year based on performance criteria.

Phillips needed to appear for Albion in only 19 league games, including substitute appearances, to activate the second year.

Manager Tony Mowbray said: "We made Kevin a very substantial financial offer for the next two years but in my opinion the second year had to be earned.

"Kevin's advisors were adamant they wanted a straight two-year contract and, as that was the sticking point, I have no problem with the outcome.

"I am happy that as a club we made a fair and realistic offer to Kevin and I'm obviously disappointed he has chosen not to accept it.

"But I've had a couple of very amicable conversations with Kevin in the past two days.

"Now that he has made his decision, I would like to thank him for his goals and contribution over the past two seasons.

"He is a top professional and has been a pleasure to work with.

"We all wish him well."
Phoenix
Phoenix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 432
Favorite Team : West Brom
Registration date : 2008-06-15

https://talkfootballuk100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down